Email MeRandy M. Elmer
Randy Elmer specializes in workers’ compensation, personal injury, Social Security Disability and employment law. He is the owner and President of Randy M. Elmer, Attorney at Law, P.C., that was established in January 2011. Prior to that he managed the Salem offices of Kryger,Alexander, a well established and century old law firm in the mid Willamette Valley, from July 1995 until December 2010.
He graduated from Willamette University in 1980 with his BS and received his JD from Willamette University School of Law, Salem, Oregon, in 1983. Before joining Kryger Alexander in 1995, Randy worked with Salem law firms Allen & Vick, Vick & Gutzler and the Law Offices of Michael B. Dye.
Randy was admitted to the Oregon State Bar in 1983 and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court of Oregon and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He is a former member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA). He has served as past president of Oregon Workers’ Compensation Attorneys, OTLA’s Board of Governors and as a member of OTLA’s workers’ compensation section. Additionally, Randy provides leadership to workers’ compensation committees and presents at Continuing Legal Education seminars for the Oregon State Bar Association and other educational organizations.
Advocating for thousands of injured workers, Randy has appeared before the Oregon Court of Appeals and the Oregon Supreme Court on numerous occasions. Two of Randy’s most notable cases helped established important legal rights for injured workers. In recognition of this commitment, in 2007 Randy was the third recipient of OTLA’s Doug Swanson Award, created to recognize OTLA’s outstanding workers’ compensation attorneys.
Randy enjoys hiking, camping, elk and deer hunting, as well as salmon and steel head fishing. When the weather allows and time permits, he also plays golf.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Oregon, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court District of Oregon, 1983
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon
- J.D. - 1983
- Willamette University, Salem, Oregon
- B.A. - 1980
- Continuing Legal Education, Oregon State Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- OTLA Doug Swanson Award- for outstanding workers’ compensation attorney, 2007 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon Bar Association
- Oregon Workers' Compensation Attorneys, Past President
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (OTLA)
Past Employment Positions
- Kryger, Alexander, Managing Partner
- Allen & Vick
- Vick & Gutzler
- Law Offices of Michael B. Dye