Experienced Oregon Attorneys
Workers' Compensation Dedicated to Protecting Your Rights

Salem Workers' Comp Lawyer

Workers’ Compensation in Oregon

Workers’ compensation is a very complex area of the law. Knowing when you are and are not entitled to financial compensation – regardless of what an employer may say – will require the guidance and counsel of an experienced attorney. If you were injured while conducting a work-related task, then you could be eligible to receive compensation for things like medical care and treatment.

We can assist with a number of workers’ compensation matters, including:

Due to the complexities of the law, filing a claim on your own could keep you from receiving the full benefits you are entitled to. For this reason, it will be worth speaking with us before taking action on your own. If your claim is not thoroughly prepared, your claim could be in jeopardy of denial. As a leader in workers’ rights for Oregonians, we can be trusted to advocate on your behalf to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.

Call us at (503) 563-7035 to learn more about your rights as an injured worker. We proudly offer free consultations.

What Is Workers’ Compensation and How Does It Work?

Workers’ compensation is a form of no-fault insurance your employer pays for. It is designed to cover your medical treatment and lost income in the event of a workplace injury or illness. All employers in the state of Oregon are required to carry this insurance. All workers in Oregon are allowed to file a claim if they get hurt on the job or develop an occupational illness.

If you are injured or become ill, report the incident to your employer immediately. Seek medical treatment with your own doctor or a doctor of a managed care organization (MCO), as your policy allows. Be sure to let the doctor know you are visiting for a work-related injury.

Your doctor should help you complete Oregon Form 827 (doc) and turn it in within 3 working days of your visit. You will also have to fill out a Form 801 (doc) and submit it to your employer. Once your employer has the appropriate documentation, they must submit it to their insurer within 5 days. From there, your claim should be accepted or denied within 60 days.

If your claim is accepted, you will be sent instructions on how to use your benefits. If your claim is denied, you will receive a written explanation and a letter outlining your rights for appeal.

For a closer look at how the workers’ compensation process works, you can view the workers’ compensation flow chart (pdf) provided by the Oregon Workers’ Compensation Division.

If you still have questions or need help with a delayed or denied claim, please contact our experienced workers’ compensation attorneys today.

How Our Salem Workers’ Compensation Firm Can Help You

If you or someone you love is currently involved in a complex workers’ compensation claim, your choice in legal representation will matter. At our firm, practicing law is not just a job. It is a privilege. We are passionate about what we do and we represent our clients with genuine conviction.

"We Are Working People Representing Working People.”

As working people ourselves, we identify with our clients. We always act compassionately as we deliver legal, administrative, and if necessary, legislative solutions for our clients. We apply our thorough understanding of injury law - we literally wrote and influenced parts of it - to your claim, we can ensure you reach the best possible outcome. With our experience, we can be honest with you from the beginning. We do not need to over-promise you anything.

Choose to work with a firm that champions your cause. Choose the Salem workers' compensation lawyers of Elmer & Brunot, PC.

Why Choose Us?

We’re Prepared To Help You Through Your Legal Matter
  • Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience
  • Free Case Consultations Available
  • Client-Focused, Results-Oriented Advocacy
  • Representing Clients in State, Federal & Appellate Court
  • You Don't Pay Any Legal Fees Unless We Recover

Contact Our Firm

Schedule a Free Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Total file size cannot exceed 10MB.
  • Please enter a message.